Pages

May 29, 2012

Seek Learning

I recently read a talk by sister Mary N. Cook called Seek Learning from the young womens' session of general conference.  Since I'm an educator, I am extremely passionate about this subject.  We need to learn all we can and keep learning even after we are done with formal schooling.  We should be learning every day.

Sister Cook says in her talk to make a list of things you would like to learn. So here is my list of things I would like to learn this summer or eventually learn sometime in my life:

  • Decorate cakes
  • Play hymns on the piano better so I can play in church
  • How to sew
  • Take and edit better photos
  • Geography and capitols
  • Some kind of formal dancing
  • Exercise with hand weights
  • A new recipe every week
  • Play the harmonica
  • Drive a manual car

This list was longer than I thought it would be.. I guess I've got a lot of learning to do! Any other suggestions?

To read Sister Cook's talk online go here!




1 comment:

  1. OooOoh. Those are good goals. I want to make a list of goals for this summer too. I especially like the new recipe per week goal (made so much easier by Pinterest. You've gotta post the good ones so I can try them too). You could also make jam. I love homemade jam, and it's super easy.

    ReplyDelete