I am a worrier. I worry about everyone and everything, and I worry all the time. Sometimes, it really gets me down. This usually happens when I'm bored, or when it's cold and dark outside. Lately it's been the cold and dark reason. Here are just a few of the things I worry about:
- My health..... I always think things are worse then they are
- My husband
- My sisters... I want then to have all that they deserve and know that they are amazing
- My students
- My future children
- Myself.... Am I the best I can be? Am I the best wife, daughter, sister, teacher I can be?
Last week in Sunday School I was privileged to be able to teach a lesson about the atonement. I read and studied and prayed over this topic and I learned so much. The most important thins that I learned is...
My Savior suffered for my worries.
This wasn't really a new idea, but it really hit me since I was currently in a "worrying slump". My Savior suffered for EVERYTHING that hurts me, worries me, troubles me, or even scares me. Because I do not need to repent of large sins, this is really the way I should be using the atonement in my life everyday. He knows how much my worries affect me like no one else does and He is there to help me through them every single day. I know this with all my heart.
A quote from one of my favorite books Believing Christ sums this up beautifully:
"All negative aspects of the human existence brought about by the Fall, Jesus Christ absorbed them into himself. He experienced vicariously in Gethsemane all the private griefs and heartaches, all the physical pains and handicaps, all the emotional burdens and depressions of the human family. He knows the loneliness of those who don't fit in or who aren't handsome or pretty. He knows what it's like to choose up teams and be the last one chosen. He knows the anguish of parents whose children go wrong. He knows the private hell of the abused child or spouse. He knows all these things personally and intimately because He lived them in the Gethsemane experience. Having personally lived a perfect life, He then chose to experience our imperfect lives."

No comments:
Post a Comment