After five long years of studying in the JET with the greatest people ever on way too little sleep, I've finally graduated. I am a little sad, but it's so great to have not one, but TWO degrees completed!
Graduation was last Thursday and Friday. I was lucky to have my family and grandparents along with Matt's parent there to support me. Elder Scott spoke to us on Thursday night and that was really neat. Only at BYU do you get such a wonderful perspective on graduating college and going out into the world to do good. Friday was for the Physical and Mathematical Science college and although I did not get to cheer for them, I got to graduate with some of the best friends I've made since I've been here in Provo! I was also able to get pictures with my favorite mathematicians, so you could say my day was pretty complete.
Here are just a few of the pictures we took... I had to smile so much this weekend, I almost thought I was getting married again.
And what comes after graduation?? A JOB!
I'm am lucky to be teaching math at Spanish Fork High School starting this fall. So I will get a nice little break for the summer before entering the real world. It's a 2/3 time position which will be a great way to start my teaching career and since I did my student teaching at SFHS, I already know some of the student and feel comfortable there. I am super excited to be a real teacher! Go Dons!














Now you have to change your about me from almost graduated to graduated ;D haha (this is your sister btw!) lol
ReplyDelete